Pages





Follow Us Via These Social Networks:



July 10, 2013

Hot July Hunting - Squirrel

 photo squirrel-4.jpg

Squirrel - Gray, Fox
Zones: Statewide
Opens: 5/15/2013
Closes: 2/28/2014
Limits: Daily limit is 12. Possession limit is 48.
More: Squirrels may not be hunted with rifles or pistols larger than .22 caliber rimfire or with muzzleloaders larger than .40 caliber unless a modern gun or muzzleloading deer season, bear season or coyote season is open. Squirrels may not be hunted with shotguns using rifled slugs or shot larger than T shot.

Squirrel hunting is my favorite kind of hunting. When I was a teen in high school I spent my whole weekends sometimes in the woods watching and hunting squirrels. Sometimes I would have a dog with me but most times I was alone and would stalk a bushy tail. My eyes are worse now and having to keep up with glasses to see straight to shoot is sometimes a problem but I still love to get out in the woods. Fried squirrel and squirrel dumplins were a staple at my house growing up.



No comments:

Post a Comment